The Collar Load Support (CLS™) system is the industry’s only true non-marking tubular handling system.
Key Benefits and Features:
- Flush mounted into rotary to reduce working height
- Accommodates multiple control lines typically encountered on today’s high-tech completions
- Eliminates the potential for corrosion cracking as a result of stress concentrations induced by conventional handling equipment since the CLS™ impacts no penetration impressions into the tubular
- Allows the running of threaded and coupled tubulars without inflicting damaging die penetration marks caused by typical slip type elevators or spiders
- Minimizes the risk of slip crush or iron transfer as the CLS™ enables the tubular to be supported by the load face, and not by penetration, avoiding the slippage issues prevalent on certain alloys with conventional inserts
- Reduces the potential for shock loading of the coupling during load transfer by the elastic compliance from the built in shock table
- The shock table provides gentle deceleration of the joint and string during load transfer operations between the load transfer sleeve (LTS) and landing spear
When coupled with Frank’s FLUID GRIP® system, this patented procedure provides the only non-marking/zero mechanical damage system in the industry for make-up and handling completion tubulars.
For completions which include control and injection lines running downhole, Frank’s Cobra™ Control Line Manipulator Arm can be coupled with Frank’s CLS system.