The HI Tool® harmonic isolation tool is an on-bottom drilling tool, designed to reduce vibrational loads generated by drill bit dynamics.
Key Benefits and Features:
- Limits lateral and axial vibration problems in difficult formations, which reduces non-productive time (NPT)
- Reduces the dynamic interaction between the bottom-hole assembly (BHA) and drill bit, through a flexible geared connection
- Decouples the BHA and mud motor harmonics from the drill bit and drill string
- Decouples the BHA from the drill string harmonics in severe drilling applications
- Allows the drill bit to self-center dynamically
Drill string vibrations are typically the most common cause of NPT for operators and suppliers of complex MWD/LWD equipment. Extensive job history with the HI Tool® has shown results for operators, with a direct impact on reduction of drilling costs in both domestic and international markets.
For more information, please contact us.