In operations such as deepwater casing landing strings where fluid recovery is critical, the SUPER HORNET™ Flowback Circulation Tool saves time by eliminating the need to connect and disconnect the top drive from the drill string repeatedly. Using an air-operated control system, the SUPER HORNET can be extended and/or retracted without interfering with the driller’s operations.
Key Benefits and Features
- Simple design
- Connects directly to the top drive saver sub
- Can create an effective seal within the drill pipe
- Telescopic design to accommodate the variance in distance between top drive and the pipe being held in the elevator
- Connection-specific nose design, ensuring accurate seal placement
- Pump rates up to 750 gpm
- Automatically operated internal fluid valve, protecting against unwanted fluid circulation
- Air-operated control panel
- Cup-type seal provides proven sealing up to 5,000 psi
- Circulation can be achieved without mechanically connecting the top drive to the drill string
- Significantly reduces mud contamination on the rig floor
- Reduces the manpower required to gain circulation
- Average time savings is five to seven minutes per stand
For more information, please contact us.