The XTREME3™ Connector is a deepwater-ready, premium threaded connection featuring a standard metal seal and a negative load flank, ensuring increased performance and reliability. This connector was developed for the three provinces governing its name: extreme tension, extreme compression and extreme bending.
Key Benefits and Features
- Tapered shoulder keeps seals engaged while in tension by suppressing radial deflection
- Increased shoulder torque helps resist back-out due to vibration
- Angle of thread cone allows for optimized stress distribution across the thread pattern and a centered load distribution in relation to the pipe wall
- Negative load flank on the teeth keeps the threads engaged under loading and prevents “jump-out”
- Optimized thread relief grooves alleviate stress in critical locations on the connector
- A deep-stab, lower alignment face allows for quicker make-up and cross-thread prevention
- Featured reservoirs reduce excess dope build-up and subsequent dope pressure
- Environmental metal seal allows for a more reliable seal at higher pressures
- Half-dovetail groove prevents the elastomeric o-ring from interfering with make-up
For more information, please contact us.