What is it?
The iCAM® Connection Analyzed Make-up System represents a game-changing disruption in tubular connection analysis and control technology. The iCAM® system’s artificial intelligence engine and machine learning capabilities provide automated evaluation of connection make-up data, offering flexible integration with equipment such as power tongs and CRTs to produce optimal connection integrity and accelerate the make-up process, with the potential to reduce personnel on board.
The iCAM® system draws upon a dynamic trove of data consisting of millions of connection make-ups to positively identify anomalies, including thread and seal interference, dope squeeze, galling and other factors outside of conventional make-up criteria. This enables the iCAM® system to evaluate each connection for proper make-up against more robust and descriptive criteria than possible with traditional OEM rules-based parameters and to do so objectively. The result is a more accurate, reliable, and consistent assessment of tubular connection integrity.
- Integrates readily with multiple equipment packages for both land and offshore operations
- Available now, everywhere
- Potentially reduces personnel on board
- Increases well integrity and safety
- Improves accuracy, consistency and reliability in connection integrity assessment
- Has the potential to increase efficiencies through faster graph disposition
- Data-driven recommendations result in fewer rejects and increase connection integrity
- When integrated with the DISPLAY® Digital Application, allows remote, real-time monitoring of the make-up process. Customers can view live and historical data using a web enabled device anywhere in the world
Machine Learning and the iCAM® System
Dr. Brennan Domec of Frank’s International discusses AI, Machine Learning, and the iCAM® system.