The Frank’s International AEGIS™ Tubular Protector offers a powerful solution to the excessive tubular wear and high torque experienced in today’s complex and demanding drilling applications. A proprietary Frank’s technology, it was developed to address the challenges of extended reach drilling environments and the dynamic forces of aggressive open hole operations.
The AEGIS™ Tubular Protector is designed and manufactured to withstand the most difficult downhole environments, with an axial holding force of 30,000 lbs. and a lateral force of 5,000 lbs. It attaches to the outside diameter of the drill pipe. Inner steel clamps remain stationary on the drill pipe tube body, while the outer sleeve halves are coupled together around the inner clamps. During operation, the inner clamps rotate with the drill string, while the outer sleeve remains stationary against the sides of the wellbore. This limits the contact between the wellbore wall and the drill string, isolating any wear to the outer sleeve of the AEGIS™ Tubular Protector while protecting the inner clamps.
- Limits casing and drill string wear and reduces torque
- Not dependent on stand length or derrick height limitations
- Does not extend the length of the original drill string
- Eliminates potential for marking pipe and de-rating drill string
- Robust design, durable for open hole applications
- Compatible with wired pipe applications
- Requires fewer tools than other similar solutions on the market