The Frank’s International suite of AERO™ Reamers are borehole conditioning solutions that improve wellbore drift by spiraling to remove unwanted ledges and help casing and liner strings reach total depth more efficiently. AERO™ Concentric and Dual Eccentric Reamers create a smooth torque response that optimizes drilling steerability and wellbore stability to improve casing running operations, cementing clearance, drilling efficiency, and overall hole integrity.
AERO™ Reamers are suitable for reaming-while-drilling operations that reduce or eliminate short trips, backreaming, dedicated cleanout runs, and associated non-productive time and spend.
Standard Features and Benefits:
- Improved design without active OD gauge cutters to minimize induced vibration from reaming activities and allow drill-out without costly casing string damage
- Passive cutters limit reaming vibrations laterally to eliminate negative impact to directional drilling controls and improve overall drilling efficiency
- High junk slot area enhances fluid dynamics and hole cleaning effectiveness to improve overall well integrity
- Conventional sub-based stabilizing design allows for unrestricted tool placement in drill string to prevent wear to costly BHA components
- Stainless steel and non-magnetic material composition allow the tools to run in a wide range of BHA operations for increased operational flexibility
- Impact arrestors provide stabilization to axial and lateral modes of vibration to mitigate shock loading and allow increased torque control
- Tungsten carbide inserts and PDC cutters ensure efficient reaming with minimal wear in harsh drilling environments
- Dual eccentric reamer features two separate reamer blade bodies to ensure consistent hole condition and OD
- Eccentric blade design cuts wellbore diameter greater than passthrough diameter to eliminate the use of expensive underreamers