The patent pending BIG EASY® Composite Cement Retainer (BCCR™) is a revolutionary adaptation of high-grade composite technology that improves operational performance, efficiency, and reliability. It is designed to eliminate many of the difficulties that are commonly associated with composite drillable cement retainers, such as premature setting, decreased flow rates, and long drill-out times.
The BIG EASY® Composite Cement Retainer can be utilized to create zonal isolation barriers, facilitate efficient remedial cement placement, and as a one trip/one tool solution, eliminates the need for additional equipment and reducing customer rental inventory.
- Improved slip retention device requires no wire bands or slotted segments, providing a more debris-tolerant product that can perform in various well environments.
- Large-bore design for remedial cementing increases pump rates and efficiencies resulting in an over 60% increase in flow area versus traditional composite cement retainers, while reducing the risk of erosion and the loss of seal integrity in the valve system.
- Fully qualified drillable composite barrier system is suited for short-term abandonment and squeeze cementing operations. Its enhanced elastomer element is designed to withstand increased pressure testing and high circulation pressures due to restricted cement flow during squeeze cementing operations.
Cost & Time Savings
- Made from composite materials that allow for quick and easy drill-out with general bit designs, including PDC-type bits for continuous drilling operations.
- Slip retention device eliminates the risk of losing slips downhole and partial setting of composite retainers, which would require additional trips in the wellbore and costly drill-out operations.
- Setting tools and wireline adapter kits (WLAKs) are field convertible and compatible with both cast-iron and composite products, providing a more cost-effective solution for inventory and space management on the rig site.