The Frank’s International BRUTE® Storm Valves are designed to isolate drill pipe above the packer without having to completely pull the work string specifically in high-tensile, high-pressure applications. The BRUTE® Storm Valves are primarily designed to provide reliable temporary abandonment solutions when assembled with the BRUTE® Retrievable Service Packer and BRUTE® Bumper Sub to form the BRUTE® Storm System.
- Key Benefits and Features
• Designed for hanging capacities up to 1,000,000 lbs to reduce overall suspension time
• J-overshot running tool disconnects without the need of rotation or trapped annular pressure for quick valve placement and prevents damage to the annular seals and othersealing devices
• Simple opening and closing operations allow pressure testing of the system prior to disconnecting for increased safety and reliability functionality
• Through-bore access for circulation and wireline deployment allows for safe and efficient operations to commence in the event the tailpipe becomes stuck downhole
• Overshot Running Tool is utilized to set and retrieve the BRUTE® Storm System and can be retrieved above the BOP/wellhead without being removed from the wellbore allowing theovershot running tool to be racked back without the need to swap overshots, reducing the operational risk of running the incorrect overshot