The FLUID GRIP® Remote Tong System was developed to address the challenges associated with corrosion-resistant alloy tubulars, with added remote-controlled operation to enhance safety.
- Remote controlled operation of Frank’s FLUID GRIP® technology allows our operator and personnel to operate the system from a safe distance from the rotary and red zone
- Non-metallic and truly non-marking gripping system completely eliminates die penetration to reduce corrosion on completion tubing
- Provides an even distribution of gripping pressure around the tube body and conforms to the tube shape to reduce stress, distortion and galling
- Frank’s patented complementary Collar Load Support (CLS™) handling system allows for a complete non-marking tubular running and handling system
- Frank’s remote controlled FLUID GRIP® modular cassette integrates into Frank’s wide track carriage system to quick-change the tong cassette and accommodate a wide range of casing and tubing sizes