The HD/HDB Retrievable Packer is a compression set packer that is used for remedial applications such as zonal isolation, squeeze cementing, stimulation, and other operations where high pressure differentials are necessary.
The HD Packer is well suited for T&A and testing applications where the HD Storm Packer assembly can support the weight of tailpipe and perform positive circulation to displace well fluids. This allows the operator to perform T&A and negative test operations in a single trip. The HD Packer functions with just a quarter-turn at the tool to set the packer and close the circulating valve.
- Heavy duty mandrel design supports high tensile capacity, allowing the operator to hang tailpipe for temporary abandonment applications and negative test all within a single trip
- Ideal for applications where positive circulation below the packer is required such as in drill stem testing, negative or positive testing, liner top testing, mud conditioning, etc.
- Up to 10,000 psi pressure rating
- Up to 350 degrees F temperature rating standard. Higher temp ratings available upon request
- Large internal bypass area maximizes running and circulation rates
- Compensating piston prevents bypass from opening during testing and squeezing
- Quarter turn set, straight pickup unset