The HI TOOL® Harmonic Isolation Tool is an on-bottom drilling tool, designed to reduce vibrational loads generated by drill bit dynamics. Drill string vibrations are typically the most common cause of NPT for operators and suppliers of complex MWD/LWD equipment. Extensive job history with the HI TOOL® has shown results for operators, with a direct impact on reduction of drilling costs in both domestic and international markets.
Watch an animation on the HI TOOL® Harmonic Isolation Tool:
- Limits lateral and axial vibration problems in difficult formations, which reduces non-productive time (NPT)
- Reduces the dynamic interaction between the bottom-hole assembly (BHA) and drill bit, through a spherical spline connection
- Decouples the BHA and mud motor harmonics from the drill bit
- Decouples the BHA from the drill string harmonics in severe drilling applications
- Allows the drill bit to dynamically self-center
- Improves productivity and milling performance