The Blackhawk Dual Wiper Plug (DWP) System substantially increases cement integrity by preventing contamination of the cement slurry while it is pumped through the drill pipe and casing. The system features two drill pipe darts that provide a mechanical barrier between cement and spacer or displacement fluid in the drill pipe, then launch the appropriate casing wiper plug, isolating cement inside the casing while wiping the ID of the string as cement is displaced out of the shoe. The darts and plugs feature latching noses and receptacles for reliable bump and backpressure capability. The components of the Dual Wiper Plug System are constructed of mostly composite materials which enhance plug reliability and drill-out.
- Isolation of cement slurry with lead & follow darts and plug
- Mostly composite for improved drill-out
- Latch-down nose secures plug into landing collar/float equipment
- Positive locking mechanism for reliable deployment and backpressure holding capability
- Emergency plug release feature on running tool
- Ball Catcher Baffle option to retain diverter closing ball(s)