The Frank’s VERSAFLO™ tool debuted in mid-2017 as a fill-up, flowback and circulation device for offshore operations. To better meet the demand for this time-saving technology across multiple applications, we have expanded the VERSAFLO™ tool line to include additional solutions.
- Protects the critical path through quick and efficient rig-up and rig-down times
- Eliminates the need to make up the top drive system to establish wellbore circulation through the drill string
- Saves valuable time by allowing the customer to quickly establish circulation
- Eliminates red zone exposure and reduces risk of accident and injury through seamless changeovers
- Compatible with other Frank’s technology, such as the FC-1™ Fill-up and Circulating Tool, for uninterrupted operation from casing to drill pipe applications. Usage in conjunction with Frank’s Diverter Tools provides a complete wellbore fluid management package.
Our original solution – the VERSAFLO™ HD tool – is ideal for deepwater and ultra-deepwater applications, boasts a tensile capacity of 2.5 million lbs. and is compatible with 6-5/8 FH connections. The VERSAFLO™ HD Tool has an established record of generating significant time savings, as much as seven minutes per stand depending on the operation.
The VERSAFLO™ Switch tool delivers the same functionality as the VERSAFLO™ HD tool, with the added benefit of interchangeable rig end connections without having to add crossovers. It is compatible with any 5 in. or larger rotary shoulder connection. In addition to deepwater and ultra-deepwater, the VERSAFLO™ Switch tool is equally at home in shelf applications.
The compact design and flexibility of the VERSAFLO™ Omni tool makes it an ideal solution for shelf and land work. It allows the use of shorter bails (8-12 ft.) and is compatible with any 5 in. or larger rotary shoulder connection.
Animation: VERSAFLO™ Tool
Watch an animation of our original VERSAFLO™ HD Tool in action.